You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lavasoft Ad-aware

I downloaded the Lavasoft Ad-aware...now what do I do. I do not know what to quarantine so that iTunes will work again. Can someone help. I think the Lavasoft Ad-aware is the next step to ending this once and for all.

Gateway, Windows XP

Posted on Dec 15, 2005 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2005 6:17 PM

As I said, I had it quarantine all including cookies (there were lots) so some auto-sign in functions no longer worked and I had to maunally put in passwords again when when I went to these sites.
Other than that I had no ill effects or wierdness at all after. In fact my pc ran and loaded a heck of a lot fater than it has in a long time. I've used/opened all of my programs since to be sure.
Of course I can't make guarantees, but just saying what happened to me.
Really I don't think you should worry.
You gotta let us know if it worked for you!
Go on....hit the button! 🙂
8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2005 6:17 PM in response to passion2006

As I said, I had it quarantine all including cookies (there were lots) so some auto-sign in functions no longer worked and I had to maunally put in passwords again when when I went to these sites.
Other than that I had no ill effects or wierdness at all after. In fact my pc ran and loaded a heck of a lot fater than it has in a long time. I've used/opened all of my programs since to be sure.
Of course I can't make guarantees, but just saying what happened to me.
Really I don't think you should worry.
You gotta let us know if it worked for you!
Go on....hit the button! 🙂

Dec 15, 2005 5:51 PM in response to passion2006

I quaratined everything becasue what else can you do in a situation like this. The only downside is you lose some cookies for auto sigin, etc. but it's a small price to pay. My problem is gone for good.
Another hint from my ordeal: the program found ceres.dll and couldn't quarantine until after re-boot. You have to run it again after re-boot to get rid of it.
then.....you are done!
BTW, I lost no media files or functioanlity of QT or itunes when done.

Also, read my last post here
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=267858&tstart=0

Lavasoft Ad-aware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.