Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Draft Disappeared

Hello,

Recently, I was writing an email draft. I meant to copy it and then paste it to the app, "TextEdit" using the appropriate keyboard shortcuts. I must have hit some wrong keys because the entire draft disappeared (I know not where). I don't believe it was deleted to trash (it wasn't in the trash basket). Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened to this draft and how I can retrieve it?

Thanks,

Wayhun

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 12:38 PM

7 replies

Jan 26, 2011 10:13 AM in response to wayhun

It looks like no one has a solution to this but this problem is real.

Yesterday I was drafting a rather important email. I needed to retrieve info from elsewhere on my iPhone so I chose "Cancel" and then "Save Draft."

When I came back my Draft folder only has an Draft from a few days ago and not the one I just saved. Very frustrating.

So I start from scratch. Then I want to check a fact via Internet so I very cautiously "Save Draft" and if course it's not in the Draft folder again.

I'm using iPhone 4 (4.2.1) and I'm a Mobile Me subscriber.

Mar 18, 2011 6:36 AM in response to wayhun

Similar thing just happened to me. VERY frustrating. I typed a draft on my computer, made sure I saved it for later. Then after trying to send the finished email via my iPhone I get an error message that the email could not send, something about checking my outgoing mail settings, and the email completely disappeared. Just about threw my iphone across the room.

Aug 16, 2012 2:58 AM in response to ESA Publications

Your problem may not be exactly the same as that of the original poster of this very old thread, and it can be very confusing for everybody if we try to answer more than one question in each thread.

In order for us to give your problem our undivided attention to try to solve it, would you kindly start your own thread, describing the trouble you are having in the fullest detail, including completing your details to show what Mac you are using, what operating system, and what version of the application in question.

Email Draft Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.