Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps Taking Up Significantly More Space Than The Size of the App

I'm having an issue where the meter for my iPad registers a significantly higher hard drive usage to "Apps" than the apps file size in the list. It's showing 5.4 GB, when the total size of the apps installed is 240 MB. I do have VLC and two videos synced totallying .5 GB. I also have Kindle with four books installed. Generously that's 10 MB.

That's a 4 GB difference between what I can attribute and what iTunes says. Anyone have any ideas what could cause such a disparity?

MacBook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 7:48 AM

2 replies

Jan 9, 2011 4:14 PM in response to Sean Mcclafferty

I know that some note apps still have your notes in the data files after they are deleted. Paper Desk never completely deletes a note. I can see deleted notes in the transfer section in iTunes. I wish they had a way of wiping those files clean. What I do is I delete the app and then re- install it after I save the notes I want to keep. I'm not happy with this problem. I'm sure other apps have the same problem.

Apps Taking Up Significantly More Space Than The Size of the App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.