2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2011 4:14 PM by pa-bucktail
Sean Mcclafferty Level 1 Level 1
I'm having an issue where the meter for my iPad registers a significantly higher hard drive usage to "Apps" than the apps file size in the list. It's showing 5.4 GB, when the total size of the apps installed is 240 MB. I do have VLC and two videos synced totallying .5 GB. I also have Kindle with four books installed. Generously that's 10 MB.

That's a 4 GB difference between what I can attribute and what iTunes says. Anyone have any ideas what could cause such a disparity?

MacBook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • Chuck Konfrst Level 4 Level 4
    What are the apps? The apps themselves might be just 240MB, but they may be creating files or databases that are inflating the space they take up...
  • pa-bucktail Level 1 Level 1
    I know that some note apps still have your notes in the data files after they are deleted. Paper Desk never completely deletes a note. I can see deleted notes in the transfer section in iTunes. I wish they had a way of wiping those files clean. What I do is I delete the app and then re- install it after I save the notes I want to keep. I'm not happy with this problem. I'm sure other apps have the same problem.