Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode Changes My Capitalization

Sometimes, when I type something in Xcode, it changes the capitalization. For example, I type psSimpBox, and it changes to psSimpbox. That's OK since it's just a variable, but it is annoying. However, here's a real problem: When I type stringValue(), it changes to StringValue(). And, so I get a unrecognized selector error.

Also, Xcode has been recently doing a weird thing where my code starts appearing to run into itself. This is annoying, but has never actually broken things before. I don't think these two problems are related, but it seemed worth mentioning. Photo here.

The code is less than 1000 lines. I'm not getting any other errors. I don't have other vars with similar names. This isn't being caused by Xcode's autocomplete, or TextExpander, or something like that. It doesn't change until I compile.

Any ideas for how to fix this? The main problem is the capitalization, but the others would be nice to fix too...

Not sure if this is worth mentioning, but the app is mostly in ASObjC.

Thanks!

plastic MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB; iMac 21 3.2GHz, 4GB, 5670 512MB, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Nano 3G + 5G, AEBS 2008, Logitech 5.1, LaCie 2Big + Rugged, CS4 DP, Ps CS5 ex

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 1:33 PM

Xcode and the AppleScript Editor will remember the capitalization of your term from the first time you use it and will use that instead of anything else. About the only way I have found that works to correct something like this is to quit Xcode (and the AppleScript Editor if it is also open), then edit the .applescript file(s) to correct the case. You can open an editor again for the editing, but the first time you compile you will get stuck with the current capitalization again - I usually use BBEdit.

The Xcode editor formatting gets lost more often if you have changed from the default preferences (the first versions were worse), but the display will be correct again if you close that file and reopen it.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2011 1:33 PM in response to nate12345

Xcode and the AppleScript Editor will remember the capitalization of your term from the first time you use it and will use that instead of anything else. About the only way I have found that works to correct something like this is to quit Xcode (and the AppleScript Editor if it is also open), then edit the .applescript file(s) to correct the case. You can open an editor again for the editing, but the first time you compile you will get stuck with the current capitalization again - I usually use BBEdit.

The Xcode editor formatting gets lost more often if you have changed from the default preferences (the first versions were worse), but the display will be correct again if you close that file and reopen it.

Xcode Changes My Capitalization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.