Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving photos from Kodak Easyshare (the app) to iPhoto

First, altho I'm posting this under iPhoto 4+, I'll be upgrading to iPhoto 8+ within the week.
When I began digital photography, I had a Kodak camera. That came with the Kodak EasyShare (KES) app. I now have photos in both KES and iPhoto. With my use of iPad and iPod Touch, I'd like to get everything into iPhoto and trash the KES app.
I have not found anything in manuals or the iPhoto app that allows/facilitates app to app transfer of photos.
I'd appreciate help, ideas, workarounds, whatever.
BTW, the KES photos are no longer available in camera.

G4 QS Dual 1 GHz; PB G4 AL 1.67GHz (PB5.8); iPod Touch 32GB; iPad 32GB, 3G, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 1.5 GB SDRAM (QS); 1.5GB SDRAM (PB)

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 1:24 PM

5 replies

Jan 10, 2011 11:20 PM in response to ocdownhiller

Still puzzled. Yesterday I consolidated all photos in one location within Pictures. For example, the track to one set of pics looks like this:
"Mac HD>user>(my name)>Pictures>iPhoto Library>(folder)2010>(folder)Christmas'10>73 JPEG pics"
Preview (the app) opens each pic from both double clicking on the pic and from navigating from Preview's open command. GraphicConverter opens the pics navigating from its open command.
iPhoto, on the other hand, doesn't even acknowledge the pics' existence.
Any thoughts?

Jan 11, 2011 9:35 AM in response to ocdownhiller

So, can I move all those photos outside of the iPhoto library (to a separate folder called something else), then I could "import" them back into the iPhoto Library???

Yes so long as you do not move any photo that has been imported to iPhoto - be sure to backup your iPhoto library prior to doing this in case you make a mistake

LN

Moving photos from Kodak Easyshare (the app) to iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.