Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Windows Support Software

It tells me that these are the drivers to get the keyboard working, etc. I press Download Windows Support Software, then press Burn a copy to CD or DVD. I put in the blank CD, and press burn. Then nothing happens. What is going on?

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 2:48 PM

11 replies

Jan 19, 2011 9:55 PM in response to Baubi

I just got a new iMac (i3 processor, 1TB drive). First thing I did was update all the Mac software and OS. So tonight I'm trying to add a Windows partition to install XP. I get the same problem when trying to burn Windows support software to a CD or DVD. It just doesn't burn.

And saying "just ignore" it seems counter to a warning from Apple not to use the OS X disc to get the drivers. Why is support not addressing this issue?

Mar 19, 2011 2:37 PM in response to Baubi

To the morons saying, "Just ignore it"...

I can't seem to find the "Just Ignore It" option. I see "Go Back", and "Continue". But no "Just Ignore It".

When I click 'continue', I get a new dialog box showing burner options. Burn, Eject or Cancel. Still no "Just Ignore It". So I click 'Burn'. Nothing happens.

So I click go back.

Download the Support....
or
I Have already downloaded....

Is the second option a translation of the highly technical jargon, "Just Ignore It"?

Forgive me, but perhaps I'm just not as computer literate as you geniuses.

Mar 19, 2011 2:51 PM in response to The Miff

You can start as many threads on this as you like but the answer is in the Search function. Cheers.

From earlier

Hey there - you have started a new thread on a problem which is well discussed in the BootCamp forum. Basically it is an issue that has yet to be addressed by Apple. There is a workaround, where you avoid the burn step by lying to the software popup and say that step is completed. Instead you proceed with the install and use your OSX install disk or stick for the Apple drivers on the Windows side. I'm not exactly sure about the latest data on this topic, but you should read-up on it here http://discussions.apple.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=burn+drivers&objID=c237&dat eRange=last90days&userID=&numResults=30&rankBy=10001

Message was edited by: NA Smith

Download Windows Support Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.