Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change safari google to co.uk from .com

The Google box in the top right corner of web pages seems to be stuck on .com and as I live in the UK I need google.co.uk

Is there any way to change this as it is a lot more handy to use the small box than navigate to www.google.co.uk every time I want to make a search?

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 11:17 AM

I know this is an old post but if you go to http://www.google.com/ncr it will stay on google.com

ncr is no country redirect

8 replies

Feb 17, 2012 4:11 AM in response to Injector

That does not work. Only thing I have found that does change the Google search to Google UK is an extension that can be found here:

http://www.randomsequence.com/articles/safari-uk-search/

Right click on the 'UK Search.safariextz (5 KB)' and save to your Desktop. Quit Safari and double click the UK Search.safariextz icon. Safari will ask you to confirm if you are sure you want to install.

Works fine for me on Safari 5.1.3

Apr 11, 2015 8:30 AM in response to Injector

Good news, I have managed to change from google.com to google.co.uk with one click. Initially I was being shown google.com results despite the fact that Google has detected my location as UK from the IP address (as others have stated above). If Google hasn't detected it automatically I expect there will be a way you can change it manually using the various settings options on Google.

At the bottom of the google result page was a link "Use Google.co.uk" and clicking it was all I needed to do. Now I get results from google.co.uk. Although as Nicholas1601 says even typing google.com into the address bar still gives results from google.co.uk, there is a "Use Google.com" link you can click at the bottom of the page which changes the results back to Google.com.

How to change safari google to co.uk from .com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.