Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto '09 organizing question

You all have heard this before, I am a Windoze convert and I just can't like iphoto!!! I've been a mac owner for about 5 months now and am really trying to setup iphoto so its nice and neat. I've noticed keywords seem to be key to making that work, but I just wish it would let me do what I want it to do. One big question I have is when you are in the "photos" library view, just below the events - Why can I not list those by alphabetical Event title, or get that "photos" view on the event screen? Meaning I really like looking at the events title in a nice neat list (with thumbnails closed) - I just need it to alphabetize!! An answer to helping me do this would go a long way toward making me like iphoto more!!! I am also considering moving to Aperture because it seems more flexible, but I am giving iphoto a chance here.

Apple iMac 21.5", Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 4:46 PM

4 replies

Jan 10, 2011 10:55 PM in response to sllorca

You know that you don't have to use iPhoto, right? It's not right for everybody. And it may not be right for you.

You can't sort Events in Photos View because sorting in Photos View is sorting Photos, not Events. So, you can use the View menu to Sort, and you'll see what you're offered is "Sort Photos". In Events View that becomes 'Sort Events'.

You just can't do what you want to do, in other words. (Nor, afaik, is this available in Aperture either.)

Regards

TD

iphoto '09 organizing question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.