12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2011 1:06 PM by gustavo2000
Montag451 Level 1 (5 points)
Whenever I click an "install" or "buy" button in the App Store, the App hangs forever and fails to respond to any input, forcing a Force Quit. I've tried repairing permissions, rebooting, zapping the PRAM, and installing the 10.6.6 combo update on top of the existing update.

This problem surfaced as soon as I updated to 10.6.6. I initially rebooted a couple times, left the problem alone, and it went away unexpectedly. Now it seems to be back... only this time, it's apparently personal.

I've also had problems attempting to load Final Cut Studio 2 apps, which hang on startup and fail to launch any windows. I mention it here because I ran across a poster suffering through issues with his pro apps who was also experienced the App Store hanging on purchases. That can be found here: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=12907935#12907935

I don't know if those two are connected, but I've tried virtually everything (permissions, PRAM, trashing preferences) barring reinstalling the OS back to 10.6.5 to completely remove the App Store. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Message was edited by: Montag451

15" Unibody Macbook Pro (Late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.6)