Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1013 when restoring IPhone 4

When I went to restore my IPhone using itunes I receivied the error 1013. My iphone is now stuck in recovery mode with the itunes and the usb symbol on the screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible.

Thanks

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 11:35 PM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2011 12:13 AM in response to Chad12

From tech note http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275:

+*Error 1004 and 1013:* This error may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being blocked, redirected, or interrupted. Adjust your hosts file or security software to ensure that connections to gs.apple.com are not blocked. If the issue persists, try restoring on another computer with a known-good connection. If this restore is successful, you will need to contact whoever supports your install of the operating system and security software installed on your computer for assistance. If your hosts file redirects requests to gs.apple.com, you may choose to follow Can't connect to the iTunes Store, in the "The 'hosts' file may be blocking the iTunes Store" section.+

One possible cause of this is if you have ever used a program that modifies the iPhone boot process, such as tinyumbrella. Another is your security software is blocking the connection.

Error 1013 when restoring IPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.