Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export Quicktime Conversion - slow when I walk off and leave computer?

Has anybody noticed this issue - when I export using QT conversion - and I walk off to leave it - it seems like it takes much longer than if I sat using the computer keeping it 'awake'...Well - I say awake but the OS doesnt go into sleep...

Sometimes if I return to check on it and wake the monitor - the % is often at say 23% - but will shoot up when I return...as if it had some sort of freeze...either way its **** slow and Im starting to look at Premier Pro...

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 5:02 AM

2 replies

Jan 11, 2011 6:00 AM in response to SWAN909808

Sometimes if I return to check on it and wake the monitor - the % is often at say 23% - but will shoot up when I return...as if it had some sort of freeze...

That's the monitor refreshing after you woke it up. Quite normal.

either way its ** slow...

You didn't tell us the codec that you are converting from or the codec you are converting to.
How long is the movie and how long is "slow"?

Feb 5, 2011 5:29 AM in response to Nick Holmes

thanks for your response and apologies for my ridiculously slow reply!

Im using Pro Res and exporting to H264 High Quality...

So when the export window bar moves up that is actually the monitor refreshing? I thought a monitor would be super quick...this is a few seconds worth of movement...

Im generally seeing around 2 hours for a 10 minute video...maybe longer...

Export Quicktime Conversion - slow when I walk off and leave computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.