Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet Port Not Working After 10.6.6 Upgrade

Hello! Since upgrading to 10.6.6, I have lost my Ethernet port connectivity. AirPort is working fine.

I have done the following:

-checked ethernet cable
-used System Preferences/Network to check connection and try to create a new one
-used Diagnostic button
-zapped PRAM
-reset SMC
-repaired my disk permissions
-installed the 10.6.6 combo update
-booted in Safe Mode and then restarting

Is anyone aware of an incompatibility with 10.6.6 and the Yukon adapter?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

----

Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA:

Name: ethernet
Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x11ab
Device ID: 0x4362
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x11ab
Subsystem ID: 0x5321
Revision ID: 0x0022
Link Width: x1
BSD name: en0
Kext name: AppleYukon2.kext
Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2 .kext
Version: 3.2.1b1

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.4f12

Message was edited by: bhughes2172

MacBook 1.1, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA:

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 6:18 AM

2 replies

Jan 11, 2011 3:22 PM in response to DucRyder999

let me reiterate. 27 ' iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo just updated to 10.6.6 uses AirPort to access the internet. Set up to share it's internet connection via ethernet with PPC Dual 2.3 G5 running 10.5.8. Up until the 10.6.6 update things were fine. After updating the iMac's OS, the PPC lost it's internet connection. On the PPC's network System Prefs, the built in ethernet is connected and green. The iMac is in the finder under Shared. On the iMac, the PPC is in the finder under Shared and in Network settings the ethernet connection has a self-assigned IP with a yellow light. I have reset and rebooted all settings and devises on the network with no resolve.

Ethernet Port Not Working After 10.6.6 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.