Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error -2125

I am trying to transfer a project created in iMovie to iDVD for burning to disc. I go to share/iDVD and get the preparing project window and progress bar. It chugs away for about an hour then I get "Unable to prepare project for publishing because error occurred (-2125)".

Does anyone know what this means and what I should do about it?

iMovie '09 version 8.0.6 (821)
iDVD version 8.0.6 (1116)

mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iMovie '09 version 8.0.6 (821)

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 6:56 AM

6 replies

Jan 11, 2011 2:22 PM in response to jbs12345

Yes. That is the problem.
iMovie is meant for home video, and your video is longer than 90% of the feature films out there.
For feature length films, I would recommend a pro video editing app like Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Express. These apps can "render as you go". You can render a sequence or a nest of sequences so you don't have to do it all at once. iMovie renders everything in one pass when you use the Share menu.

11MB is not enough space on your disk. You need more space to allow room for OSX to manage virtual memory. You don't mention which Mac you have, but I would consider moving some files to an external drive to free up space on your internal drive. I would want 30 to 40GB free when I was starting a big render like yours. It is possible that if you had more space, your project would render, but iMovie is really not the right tool for a movie this long.

(Note: if you are moving iMovie files to an external drive, be sure to read up on how to do this within iMovie so you do not mess up your projects.

Error -2125

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.