4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 3:36 PM by nrhbrussow
pdrcourious Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
This forum already helped a lot on many newbie questions (for example: the most instructive How-To-Disable-'Faces' discussion, the odd database organization without clear folders, assigning a Place, extended EXIF data where?, etc. ).

I too just start 'from scratch' (brandnew iMac-iLife 11), and imported my first images in iPhoto 9.1.1.

Unless I missed it in browsing all topics and did not discover this 'needle in a stack of hay', I wonder what the transparent flag in the upper left corner of any image, hovering over it, is for. Merely a detail - even probably a dumb question - but nevertheless: nowhere found in any help file by Apple. More luck with you guys?

iMac (2,8 GHz Intel Core i5), Mac OS X (10.6.6), 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (128,875 points)
    Click on it to Flag the photo. You can do various things with flags - it's handy way of making a fast selection, for instance. Say you're looking for a group of photos for some reason, but don't want to make an Album. You can use flags to move photo between events and so on.

Regards

TD
  • pdrcourious Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Thanks a lot Terrence.

I read about the various opportunities a 'flag' can offer indeed, but did not see what it's transparent version meant. If I understand you correctly, does it simply refers then to the possibility of using the red flag symbol on the left side of the library to 'mark' images?
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (128,875 points)
    Yes.

Regards

TD
  • nrhbrussow Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Do you know if it is possible to flag every occurance of an image? When a photo is in "Photos" and in several "Events" and "Albums". The only way I have been able to get this done is to search by image identity, but that can get to be labor intensive.