Skip navigation

Flag

973 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2012 3:36 PM by nrhbrussow RSS
pdrcourious Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 11, 2011 7:19 AM
This forum already helped a lot on many newbie questions (for example: the most instructive How-To-Disable-'Faces' discussion, the odd database organization without clear folders, assigning a Place, extended EXIF data where?, etc. ).

I too just start 'from scratch' (brandnew iMac-iLife 11), and imported my first images in iPhoto 9.1.1.

Unless I missed it in browsing all topics and did not discover this 'needle in a stack of hay', I wonder what the transparent flag in the upper left corner of any image, hovering over it, is for. Merely a detail - even probably a dumb question - but nevertheless: nowhere found in any help file by Apple. More luck with you guys?
iMac (2,8 GHz Intel Core i5), Mac OS X (10.6.6), 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (121,745 points)
    Jan 11, 2011 8:30 AM (in response to pdrcourious)
    Click on it to Flag the photo. You can do various things with flags - it's handy way of making a fast selection, for instance. Say you're looking for a group of photos for some reason, but don't want to make an Album. You can use flags to move photo between events and so on.

Regards

TD
    MacBook Pro 15 2.4 i5 / iMac 20" 2.66 C2D, Mac OS X (10.6), 4 gig RAM/ 4 gig RAM
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (121,745 points)
    Jan 11, 2011 9:17 AM (in response to pdrcourious)
    Yes.

Regards

TD
    MacBook Pro 15 2.4 i5 / iMac 20" 2.66 C2D, Mac OS X (10.6), 4 gig RAM/ 4 gig RAM
  • nrhbrussow Calculating status...
    Jun 8, 2012 3:36 PM (in response to Terence Devlin)

Do you know if it is possible to flag every occurance of an image? When a photo is in "Photos" and in several "Events" and "Albums". The only way I have been able to get this done is to search by image identity, but that can get to be labor intensive.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.