Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP w2207 monitor not working

I have a new Macbook Pro. I'm trying to connect it to my existing HP w2207 monitor. The macbook recognizes the monitor, but the screen is black. I see quite a few postings about problems with external monitors, but really no answers. Any suggestions? thanks.

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 5:07 AM

That monitor has an analog and a digital input connector. Which one are you trying to use?
7 replies

Mar 31, 2011 9:52 PM in response to kliu

I'm having the same problem as above but I've tried suggestions with no luck...

I have an HP w2207 LCD monitor, which works perfectly with my pavilion. Just picked up a mbp along with a third-party mini display to dvi. The mbp recognizes the monitor and the monitor appears to be recognizing an input in the dvi port (I use vga for the pavilion so I have no way of troubleshooting this port), as it says "active" after telling me there isn't a signal. When I switch signals from vga to dvi, the macbook display goes blue for a bit and then returns, but this only happens when my pavilion is hooked up into the vga port; when it isn't, the macbook stays blue and the monitor automatically sleeps. I've turned on mirroring, I've tried resetting my pram, I've tried plugging in the cable with the display closed, and I'm out of ideas.

Perhaps it's just a bad dvi cable...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HP w2207 monitor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.