Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone app store login and password

ok here goes.. i was using my gmail address as my itunes and iphone app store login and it has/had a password. ok.

so then i changed my login to my me.com email address (in both itunes and on the phone) and using the password for my me.com account.

i went into account setting in itunes and changed everything there.

i went into settings on the phone changed it there.

but yet when i go to the iphone app store on the homepage of the phone it still ask for m gmail login and password. if i try to put in my me.com password it says wrong password.

i have verified that EVERYTHING in itunes and the phone is using the me.com login etc.. i have signed in and out everything and resigned in .. still when i go to the app store from the home page i has the gmail login and needs the gmail password..

not a problem but kinda of a hassel cuz i want it to all be on me.com

using iphone 4 with most up to date software

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 8:41 PM

3 replies

Apr 5, 2011 4:30 PM in response to TMLNYC

Did you go to Settings > Store > Logout and logout of iTunes on your phone? Once you do that, you should be able to log in with the correct account. If it is still defaulting to the old login, I'd do a hard reset of the phone.

On your computer, you may have to go as far is deauthorizing your computer, sign in with the new account and then reauthorize.

iPhone app store login and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.