Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon T2i not recognized by iphoto or any other app including imagecapture

I was able to plug and play until recently but now the camera is not recognized by any application and cannot import photos. When I connect the camera to the computer the camera says "BUSY" but nothing happens on my computer. I have tried going into the import screen in photo, picasa, eos utility, imagecapture and nothing. The usb cable is fine. I have the unibody macbook (before the 13 inch macbook pro) so there is no SD slot but I have been downloading my pictures using an old point and shoot camera as a work around but I would like to be able to use EOS utility to do timelapse photography and other features using a usb connected to the camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

macbook 5.1, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Canon T2i

Posted on Jan 13, 2011 8:17 AM

2 replies

Jan 13, 2011 8:41 AM in response to mvbcanon

I was able to plug and play until recently but now the camera is not recognized by any application and cannot import photos

This would indicate a change in the camera - bad format on the memory card - change of settings - hardware or software failure - something different with the camera

An inexpensive USB card reader (I got mine for about $12 at Radio Shack - people have reported them for less at Amazon) may be the best solution

You could contact Canon support also

LN

Canon T2i not recognized by iphoto or any other app including imagecapture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.