Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Remote Desktop Connection for Mac: Capslock Key

I've started having an issue with the Mac RDP client where when I switch away from a full screen remoted windows machine to another space, then back to the windows machine, the windows machine believes the Caps Lock key is active.

I have to switch back to another space, activate the caps lock key, switch back, then deactivate in order to turn caps lock off.

This was not always the case. It started doing this a few months back, but it does it now 4 out of 5 times.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea how to fix?

R,
Dan

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 13, 2011 9:51 AM

7 replies

Mar 9, 2011 1:23 AM in response to Ratamaq

Yes, i have the same problem and it's totally annoying 😟
I found a workaround - when the Caps Lock turns on in Windows, start your on-screen keyboard and turn it off and then close the on-screen keyboard by double clicking on the upper right corner icon (otherwise the remote desktop hangs). Hope someone finds a solution for the Caps Lock problem...

Mar 23, 2011 10:27 PM in response to Ratamaq

I had the same issue, but found a resolution: change the shortcut keys I used to switch between Spaces.

I run MS RDP full screen in Space 2. For me the problem seemed to be my choice of shortcut keys for switching Spaces. Using CMD+Arrow keys was causing the caps lock to switch ON/OFF in my RDP session each time I switched back/forth between Spaces.

I changed to use OPT+Arrow, and the problem goes away.

MS Remote Desktop Connection for Mac: Capslock Key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.