Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy/past a GPS info on iPhoto?

I've been working with Places in iPhoto '09 for some time but still have some doubts.

I set my Places in iPhoto in 2 different ways:
1) For the old photos I go to info and edit them using Google Maps inside iPhoto.
2) For the new photos I use an iPhone App called gps4cam that tags the GPS position on my pictures. It works fine, but sometimes it misses some pictures and I would like to copy/past the GPS position from a picture to another and am not finding a way to do this in iPhoto. Is it possible? I cannot find out how, since the App tags the GPS position and not a Place I created on Places using Google Maps. I couldn't find anyway to copy/past this information.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 15, 2011 11:13 AM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2011 11:18 AM in response to vladcampos

select a correct photo and copy (edit menu ==> copy) then select the additional photo(s) you want to set to that location and go to the edit menu ==> paste location

I have not done this with photos where I set the location - only with photos that my camera has set - but it should work the same

You can also paste location to an event if you want all photos in the event to be that location

LN

Message was edited by: LarryHN

Nov 3, 2015 6:04 PM in response to LarryHN

I tried LarryHN's suggestion, but it did nothing at all. If you select a photo, then select Edit > Copy, it copies the photo itself (and all of its EXIF data) onto the clipboard--it doesn't somehow limit itself to copying just the location data. And if you then select another photo and then select Edit > Paste, nothing visible happens that I can see--the second photo retains all of its original location and other EXIF data--none of it gets replaced with the data from the first photo. This even happens if you select a photo, then select the Photos > Show Extended Photo Info menu--this still just copies the photo plus its EXIF data to the clipboard, but it still doesn't allow you to paste the EXIF data into another photo, at least not from within iPhoto 09. Maybe Larry forgot to mention some other steps?

How to copy/past a GPS info on iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.