Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching on TV wakes Mini

I have a Panasonic plasma TV hooked up to the Mini (previous model, non-unibody) via mini-DP -> HDMI -> TV.
I usually have the Mini sleeping, except when watching Plex.
My issue is that when I switch on the TV, to watch just regular cable TV, the Mini wakes up. This might have been seen as mighty smart by some Apple engineer, or by the DisplayPort standard consortium, but I'm not that fond of it.

I reckon it cannot be changed as such, but I'll ask here to see if there are some good ideas for a fix.

Message was edited by: SwedePetter

MacBook unibody, MacMini C2D, iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 1:01 AM

9 replies

Jan 16, 2011 5:35 AM in response to SwedePetter

I do not know for sure but it probably is neither; Apple nor the Consortium, but the fact that your TV is sending a signal to your Mac when you turn it on and it detects a video source connected to its HDMI port. It is alerting your Mac to its video abilities. It is probably providing that same information to anything else attached but they are probably not in sleep mode, but turned off.

User uploaded file
Dah•veed

User uploaded file

Switching on TV wakes Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.