Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect iPad to a laptop?

I do not know how to connect my iPad to my laptop. I cannot find any cables and anything like that. Help...

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 7:24 AM

plug the USB cable into your laptop, and plug the other, wider end into your iPad
8 replies

Jan 16, 2011 12:49 PM in response to icwvx

Is it your point that the USB 2.0 standard means 5w of power? It does not. Are you claiming that your PB G4 must therefore be putting out that amount? Wrong, the USB ports are rated at 2.65w on the best of that line.

There is no standard for power output as related to type, as that varies depending on installation. The rate and specifics of data transfer are what are relevant, not the power. The iPad comes equipped with it's preferred charging device.

Confirmed that the iPad would not connect to a PB G4? All you confirmed was that you can't connect to yours. As for the Y-cable discussion you mention, it had nothing to do with getting more power so that the iPad could connect and sync; it was looking for a way to charge and sync at the same time.

You need to check your facts before posting, and being more careful about what you post will result in fewer of them being removed.

Jan 17, 2011 9:31 AM in response to iPad iTunes

It is easy to connect your iPad to your laptop. You can connect the ipad to your laptop with the USB cable provided in the kit.
But, if you want to [transfer stuff from your ipad to computer|http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/IPod/iPhone/iPad To_Computer_Transfer_%26_Backup_SoftwareReviews] or vice-versa, you will have to connect the ipad to a laptop having iTunes on it. This makes the data transfer speed much faster and easier.

How to connect iPad to a laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.