-Leaving it alone for a while
-Holding down the home button
-Holding down the power button
-Holding down both of those buttons for 10 seconds and 15 seconds
-Charging it in the wall
-Charging it in the computer
-Changing the charger wire
-Changing the lock switch and then trying to turn it on

I don't know what to do now. Is there anything else I should try or should I just bring it to the Apple Store?
  • lllaass Level 10 (176,034 points)
    If you connect it to you computer does iTunes recognize the iPad? If yes try restoring from backup.
  • alanlouise Level 1 (0 points)
    My iPad has just done exactly the same. Cannot get it back on and itunes does not resurect it. Help!
  • alanlouise Level 1 (0 points)
    Sorted - press the top button and the home key at the same time for about ten seconds and it should come back on. Phew!
  • Michael Morgan1 Level 7 (23,830 points)
    PG, it sounds like you're doing and have tried most of the things that you can. The only additional thing that I'd recommend before taking this problem tomApple would-be to +plug it into a known good charging source+, by which I mean your wall charger tested to be actually working, plug it in and let it soak for a couple of hours.

If, after doing that, you still can't get it to play nice with you, then you have no tricks left in your bag and should contact Apple for a probable replacement.
  • ywincaphy Level 1 (0 points)

How did you get to know that?

It worked.

anyways thank you.

I dont know, if I would have taken it to apple store, they probably would have reInstalled the iOS, so my data would be lost, which was not very desirable.

regards,

Yuvraj

• blankenshipdebi Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you - that totally worked! I appreciate your help. Do you know if using an Apple wireless keyboard causes this? That is the only thinkg that I have done differently within the last 24 hours.