7697 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2011 9:36 PM by modular747
You can restore without the password using recovery mode:
1. Disable all security apps (firewall, antivirus, etc.) running on your PC.
2. Start iTunes.
3. Connect USB end of cable to a port on your computer, not an external hub or keyboard port.
4. Connect dock end to phone.
5. Press both home and sleep/wake buttons until the Apple logo appears, then continue pressing the home button alone until iTunes detects the phone in Recovery Mode.
6. Follow the prompts to restore.
Error 1002 indicates a hardware problem, most likely with your phone. Make sure you're using a good cable. See this Apple support article for suggestions, but it may need warranty, or out of warranty replacement: