Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"T-RackS 3 and VPA error", GarageBand not starting

Hello I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I have.

About a month ago I bought a MacBook Pro 17 inch from Best Buy. There were no more in stock, so they sold me the display one. I'm not sure if any of it has to do with the problem, but when I came home and used my new laptop, everything worked fine but GarageBand.

At that time I figured it was a small problem to me, since I didn't need it at the time.

The problem I got when I tried to open it was that upon clicking the GB icon from the dock, it would initialize and search for "Jam Packs", and then a window would pop up cutting it off, saying:

"Installation Error
T-RackS 3 has not been porperly installed.
Please run the installer again to fix the problem."

After clicking OK, one more window pops up saying:

"VPA compatibility error
VPA PlugIn rejected VPA Host"

I let it be then, but recently I just bought GarageBand '11 from the Mac App store, thinking it would solve the problem. After it installed, the same errors still showed.

I'm not really good with macs so far, for I've been using PCs for awhile. This is my first Apple computer, so I'm pretty lost on how to fix this. I'm not sure if when the laptop was a display one, that someone deleted an important file or anything.

Anyways, the help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 11:58 PM

7 replies

Jan 17, 2011 1:36 AM in response to painkillaah

It looks like some plugin has been installed on your machine (T-Rack is a mastering software pack) and not properly removed when you bought the computer.

First shot: Look into the folder HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components. There shouldn't really be anything in there if you haven't installed any add-ons. If there is something, delete it (or move it to your Desktop) and start GB.

Oct 7, 2012 2:57 AM in response to painkillaah

I'm having this same problem too - exactly the same error messages, and have checked there's nothing in Lirary>audio>plugins>components - it's an empty folder.

A few weeks ago I was clearing stuff out to make more space on my hard drive and wonder if I've deleted something I shouldn't have.

I'm using a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.5.8, and have used garageband fine for years.

Any suggestions please?

"T-RackS 3 and VPA error", GarageBand not starting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.