Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall stick

Hi
I've recently bought the 11'' MBA, I've inserted the reinstall stick into my old White MB to update iLife to 11, but it says it's not compatible, why? I'm running the latest update 10.6.6

White MacBook, iPhone 4, 64GB WiFi iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 3:39 AM

7 replies

Jan 17, 2011 6:30 AM in response to Hotsouma

I believe iLife 11 is already on your MBA, the machine was shipped with it. There have been some updates, you would get those from Software Update. If you are new to Mac's you can find Software Update under the  menu in the upper left corner of your screen. Let Software Update install any updates it detects your computer needs and you're set.

Roger

Jan 17, 2011 8:38 AM in response to rkaufmann87

to rkaufmann87 ... > even if he disregarded the licensing issues and copied the iLife11 from the new MBA itself rather than installing from MBA USB reinstall stick: There might be compatibility issues due the old hardware versus new hardware. I am not sure that the copy of iLife on the stick would be a universal/combo install that one would purchase to use on any mac hardware.

Reinstall stick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.