Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Kindle Books and Nook not allow transfer of e-books to pcs like iBooks?

Having purchased music through iTunes that could be used on my pc, laptop, etc., I did not think to check about books bought through iBooks. Now I know and see confirmed in various threads here that this is a known issue with iBooks.
The irony is that I purchased a $30 dictionary to which I contributed articles. I found myself working through another holiday and wanted easy access at home and trips. While I strongly support protection of copyright materials, I simply assumed Apple had the technology in place to resolve some issues.
Some of my trips are outside the USA so I will need to now suggest that students in my classes use only Kindle Books or Nook if in fact they are not limited to mobile devices like iPads and iPhones.
Yes, I have now used Apple's feedback form and sent a complaint to the iTunes store.

Latitude, Windows Vista, iPhone 4 32 iPad 3G 64

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 2:17 PM

It's really simple, nothing to do with copyright: Apple has not yet created a version of its iBooks app for OS X, while the other ebook suppliers have done so for their own ereaders. Many users are asking for this, and eventually Apple will no doubt release one through its new Mac App Store.
2 replies

Do Kindle Books and Nook not allow transfer of e-books to pcs like iBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.