Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Only Showing text

i m having a problem in safari loading problem,i.e it is not loading properly for the last 5 days .only text is shown but no images. i.e. websites are not displaying in proper order.i have checked the display images option in safari preferences and also change the user agent via Develop option but all in vain.
help me guys thanks

Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 5:42 PM

3 replies

Sep 1, 2015 9:04 AM in response to mraza

With the same problem, here is what worked for me (Sarfari Version 7.1.8):

In a nutshell: under the Develop drop down menu, uncheck " Disable Styles (and uncheck Disable Images if it is checked)"

This worked for me, every time.

Here are the steps to get there:

Under Safari Go to 3rd line: Safari Preferences

In the Popup, Go to Advanced; In the last line check "Show Develop in menu bar"

Then; on the Safari top bar, go to Develop (between Bookmarks & Window)

In the Develop drop down, click "Empty Caches" (same as Command+Option+e)

Then; press Develop again and in the drop down, uncheck "Disable Styles" and also uncheck Disable Images if it is checked)

Jul 15, 2016 11:28 AM in response to mraza

I agree with "arsiv" above. Updated for El Capitan & Safari 9.1.1.

The following will cause most Safari webpages to display text only.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced > check the box 'Show Develop menu in menu bar' at bottom . You now have a new Develop pull-down menu at top. Then scroll down your new Develop pull-down menu to ensure that 'Disable Styles' is NOT checked. If it is checked then it will cause most of your Safari websites to show text only. Mine was checked for some odd reason and I don't normally have the Develop menu displayed.

Don't forget to go back and un-check the 'Show Develop menu in menu bar' if you don't normally use it.

Safari Only Showing text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.