Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mail - Maximum Attachment Size Limit (Sending)

Is there a maximum size limit for attachments that the iPad Mail App can send?

We have an iPad connected to an Exchange server through our internal wireless network. Mail is received by it (even with very large attachments) but if an email is sent with one or more attachments that total over 10MB, the email stays in outbox with an error "Cannot Send Mail" "An error occurred while delivering this message."

I've checked all of the limits on the Exchange server but these are all set to 20MB. Smaller attachments (6MB, 8MB, etc) work without any issues. I've searched these forums and around the internet but haven't been able to find anything about this and nothing about where any such limit would be configured.

Thanks in advance for any help

iOS 4

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 3:32 AM

9 replies

Jan 19, 2011 8:00 AM in response to David M Brewer

Hmm, curious. After your post we went back tried everything again just in case something was missed - same thing happened. One of my colleagues then set up his personal mail account on the iPad and this then worked so it seems as though our Exchange server may have an attachment size limit hidden away somewhere. If we get to the bottom of this then I'll post the fix back here.

Jan 19, 2011 9:43 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Done it! My colleague found an article here: http://www.i-tekpro.com/BlogArchive/Exchange2007/Max-Message-Size-Increase-Excha nge-2007-CAS.htm that discussed how to change a limit in an Exchange ActiveSync config file that seems to have been tripping us up. We changed the limit and got the email through. It's worth noting that this also applies to Exchange 2010, not just 2007.

Many thanks for your help with this,
Barry

Message was edited by: BarryJH

iPad Mail - Maximum Attachment Size Limit (Sending)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.