Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring from old mac to new with time capsule

Hi,

I'm after some help please.
I have my iTunes music stored on a Time Capsule, this is where all newly imported music goes. I currently have a PowerBook G4 running Leopard but I've just bought a Mac Mini because I use an ipad most of the time downstairs. I want to keep the music on the Time Capsule but be able to see it on the Mac Mini and be able to sync my iPhone and ipad, can someone tell me what I need to do please? Do I need to de-authorise the iTunes on the PowerBook?

Many thanks

Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.6), PowerBook, iPhone 4 & ipad

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 4:14 AM

2 replies

Jan 19, 2011 10:09 AM in response to Chops.com

I want to keep the music on the Time Capsule but be able to see it on the Mac Mini and be able to sync my iPhone and ipad, can someone tell me what I need to do please?

Make the Time Capsule available as a drive, launch iTunes on the Mac mini with the Option key held down, and point it to that instance of the library. If the version of iTunes on the Mac mini is newer than that on the PowerBook, you may not be able to use the library on the PowerBook afterwards.

Do I need to de-authorise the iTunes on the PowerBook?

No.

(56295)

Transferring from old mac to new with time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.