Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Login to Workgroup Manager from Client An error of type -14473

I cannot login to Workgroup Manager from a Client after updating to 10.6.6. When I try to login from a client using the fully qualified domain name, user / pass, a dialog appears that says "An error of type -14473 occurred." All Clients and XServe are running 10.6.6.

Whenever I open Workgroup Manager on the Server it prints this in the console (Although I think it is unrelated)

* WARNING: Method selectedRowEnumerator in class RecordListTableView is depreciated. It will be removed in a future release and should no longer be used.

XServe 2,1, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Server

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 11:43 AM

3 replies

Feb 17, 2011 4:55 PM in response to Alan Smith1

Just to add to my previous post.

I was just about to close the login screen after posting the previous message, and noticed that the server address on my MBP was server.local. I changed it to use the fully qualified domain name instead of .local and it allowed me to login successfully!! Although it still says server.local at the the top of the WGM window

Cannot Login to Workgroup Manager from Client An error of type -14473

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.