Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent Airport Extreme Dual Band slowness

Hello all,

So recently, I've noticed that my Airport has some slowness issues. I get home, get great speeds using my iPhone 4 speedtest app. Usually about 14 mbps down with 60-70 ms latency. A few minutes later, the same test will yield latency in the hundreds with download speeds of about 0.5 mbps. If I reboot the iPhone or power cycle the router, it gets up to speed in no time, then slows down again after a little bit. I've downgraded to the previous 7.5.1 firmware, same issue. Factory defaults, same issue. Went back to 7.5.2, same issues. I have wide channels enabled, multi-cast rate is high and the transmit power is 100%. Radio mode is automatic, as is radio channel selection. My MB Pro doesn't exhibit the issue.

We have the same model Airport at work and it doesn't exhibit the same issues. I will test it more tomorrow. Any ideas on what could be the issue?

17" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Santa Rosa, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 4:51 PM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2011 8:35 AM in response to DaddyPaycheck

Yeah and it seems to have no effect. I restored my iPhone last night just in case. ****** me off. I'll wait until 4.3 to see if there is something they fixed with the wireless driver. I will also be testing at my parents, who have the previous generation Airport, non dual-band. Yet here at work there are no issues with the same model I have at home. Frustration ensues.

Recent Airport Extreme Dual Band slowness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.