358 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2005 6:41 PM by Ian B.
Follow these instructions to clear out all the junk:
I got this info in the user tips library. OK, I knew it was there, but it shows the power of the search box nicely
After this, download a new copy of iTunes from Apple (I have no clue what iTunes.com is, so if you truly did go there, don't). The link is here:
That should do it. I hope. Let me know.
these wernt present in my add/remove programs list. but itunes was.
"Uninstall iPod Updater
5) In Add/Remove Programs, select iPod Updater. Click Change/Remove.
6) A Confirm Uninstall window appears. Select OK to remove iPod Updater.
7) Repeat for any and all iPod Updaters.
8) In Add/Remove Programs, select QuickTime. Click Change/Remove.
9) The QuickTime Uninstall window appears. Select the Uninstall Everything.
10) The Uninstall Successful window appears. Select OK.
11) Close all windows, restart the computer."
12) Open My Computer. Open your hard drive. Open Program Files.
13) Delete iPod, iTunes and QuickTime folders if present.
it wont let me delete quicktime folder, but i deleted ipod and itunes folder with ease. and with that,i deleted quicktime AND itunes in "apple computer folder" i did this entire process several times, and the same message popped up. however, i think it's those missing componets that's screwing my itunes up. it gets really fustrating after awhile.