3060 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2011 6:54 PM by eww
I have a similar issue. New battery was charging fine until a recent [firmware] update?
- magsafe light is solid bright green
- battery indicator (on battery) shows 50%
- battery status is "(Not Charging)"
- battery condition is "Normal". (Pressed option while clicking battery status)
- Macbook Pro only runs when plugged into power adapter, will not boot from battery even though battery appears to be normal and have juice.
I've reset SMC & PRAM.
I've unplugged the adapter from the wall for several minutes.
SMC Version (system): 1.28f3
Boot ROM Version: MBP41.00C1.B03
it seems like i am not alone. my battery cycle count is less then 15 so i have ruled out battery, magsafe charger and magsafe dc socket so i know it cant be a hardware problem so it must be a software problem.
all the apple support advice has been exhausted, i am at a complete loss!!! am i doing something wrong? are the SMC and PRAM different for a mid 2010 macbook pro?
Shamie: You certainly shot yourself in the foot by removing your machine's built-in battery and doing all that work on it yourself when it was still under warranty. Now that you've voided the warranty, there isn't going to be anything to do but pay to have it serviced properly. The problem is not software.
EDIT: And yes, the SMC and PRAM resets are different:
Message was edited by: eww