Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

block GPS tracking

Hi:

There are apps that allow you to track a person's location based on the phone #. Is there a way to block people from tracking where I am? I don't like the idea of everybody who has my phone # to know where I am all the time.

IMac, none

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 7:51 AM

32 replies

Jan 20, 2011 1:57 PM in response to juliorafael12

I know exactly what application your talking about and all the application does is show YOUR PERSONAL gps location so if the person is standing right next to you they think that your tracking them when in fact your not there is no application on the store to do anything more then that im sorry that you are lying this is unlawful and would never be supported by apple ever

Jan 20, 2011 7:58 AM in response to juliorafael12

No one can track your iPhone's location without your permission and approval of an app that you have installed on your iPhone that provides/allows for this.

If your iPhone is a line under a Family plan for a parent or parents, AT&T has a paid service for the Family Plan account holder to track the location of a phone that includes location service with a line under the Family plan.

Jan 20, 2011 8:12 AM in response to wjosten

sorry, my question must have been missunderstood: I can track anybody as long as I have the person's phone # using an application I downloaded from the apps store. The other person does not need to have the same application. All I need is his/her phone # and I know where the person is. If I can do this, anybody who has the same application can track my location. How can I block people from tracking my location?

block GPS tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.