Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headset beeps every 20 seconds

After the last OS update of my itouch 4g i get a 3 beep signal every 20 seconds wen
connects to the bluetooth headset. It´s very annoying and can´t hear music because it gets interrupted with the beeps.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Compaq F700, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 10:10 AM

13 replies

Apr 7, 2011 3:53 PM in response to whamyboy

Thank you very much for posting your solution whamyboy. I was having the same 20 second beeping in my bluetooth headset problem but it only happened on my IPod Touch 4G and not my daughter's IPod Touch 3G. For my Cellular Innovation headset adapter, I discovered I had to hold the multifunction button for a second after connect, not the play button. I don't have to do this step when connecting to my computer and it wasn't mentioned in the headset adapter manual. Maybe it is in 'mute' mode initially or something.

Jul 3, 2011 9:55 AM in response to AubWhit

I am also having trouble with Apple products and the Motorola H730 Bluetooth Headset.

I was able to pair the headset to iPhone 4 without difficulty. The headset appears to work for about 15 minutes or so..... then the trouble starts.

I will hear “headset disconnected” then less than one second later “headset connected, battery level is high”. It will do this repeatedly for several minutes. This happens even when the Bluetooth headset and iPhone are only 2 feet apart. (Experimentation leads me to believe that the problem is not related to distance.)

Eventually, the headset will “settle down” and stay connected for a while then later it goes nuts again.

I've been through two of these units now, both with the same fault. I let friends with Blackberries try them and they report that the headsets are working perfectly. They do not get the “headset disconnected” then less than one second later “headset connected, battery level is high” nag.

I looked on the iPhone for a setting “disconnect from Bluetooth randomly” or similar, and can't find it.

Jan 15, 2012 11:51 AM in response to whamyboy

I have no idea whether this will work again, or why it worked, but here goes....

I have an Ipad2 and an I phone 4. Just got a motorola headset. Worked great and then the beeping starts every 30 seconds. Nothing worked until I:

1. Iphone was on, bluetooth was enabled. I removed all bt devices Same with Ipad EXCEPT the headset.

2. Turned off headset

3. Turned off iphone BT.

4. Turned on iphone BT.

5. Turned on headset and paired with ipad.

6. Turned on the iphone BT and paired with headset.

I don't know if it has something to do with having two "phones" connected or that the Ipad is phone 1. It didn't stop beeping until I paired the iphone AFTER the ipad.

Apr 2, 2014 8:10 AM in response to whamyboy

I am having a similar problem on my iPad. My Bluetooth has recently started to beep every 20 seconds even at a full charge. It works fine on other devices. I have tried everything but resetting my iPad. Any ideas? I have turned off voice control. I held the function button on the blue tooth. I reset network settings. I disconnected Bluetooth restarted and reconnected Bluetooth.

Bluetooth headset beeps every 20 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.