Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule denies connection for other devices

My Time Capsule went mental after more than year of happy use. Suddenly, without any external reason stopped connecting any devices except my iMac.
After Hard reset and loading default settings (which should be equivalent to the Factory reset), setting up new networks/passwords it remains the same. My machine can connect with no problem, speed is fine, Airport Utlility says everything is fine, Time Machine continue to work flawlessly. But any other phone or computer can see both networks, but can't get in. After entering proper password it just says 'Unable to join the network xxx" and that's it.
I'm using WPA/WPA2 security, no MAC address control, enabled NAT and Connection is via shared public IP.
Any ideas please? 😟

iMac 27" i7 Quad Core 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 1TB, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 2:04 PM

Your post did not indicate whether you had power cycled your network.

If not, power down everything, modem, Time Capsule, computers, phones, etc...order is not important
Wait 5 minutes
Power up the modem first and let it run a few moments by itself
Power up the Time Capsule the same way
Power up your other devices one at a time the same way
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2011 2:04 PM in response to Oriesko

Your post did not indicate whether you had power cycled your network.

If not, power down everything, modem, Time Capsule, computers, phones, etc...order is not important
Wait 5 minutes
Power up the modem first and let it run a few moments by itself
Power up the Time Capsule the same way
Power up your other devices one at a time the same way

Jan 20, 2011 2:51 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks for the tip! I have restarted modem and TC before, but my iMac was still running so problem persisted. Now I have turned off even my iMac and things start working again. Only my iMac shouted out that 10.0.1.2 IP address is taken by another device (earlier connected iPhone) which it never does before. Anyway, everything works just fine now.
I have came across some similar trouble via Google and some mentioned deleting some (unspecified) files in Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration to solve problem. I'm not sure the problem won't start again if my iMac will be the first connected device and therefore also deleting/renewing some of these files could be useful. Or can I delete whole SystemConfiguration folder without losing any important settings?

Time Capsule denies connection for other devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.