Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CanoScan LiDE 200 - can't get it to work with 10.6.6

I have a CanoScan LIDE 200 and recently upgraded to 10.6.6, and now I cannot get the scanner to work. I spent 3 hours downloading all the latest drivers and even the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector. Everything I tried failed and now I'm losing patience. I've never had a problem like this before, downloading the latest driver usually does the trick. Help, please!?

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 3:07 PM

6 replies

Jan 20, 2011 4:41 PM in response to suzib_100

Are you able to add the scanner in Print & Fax? If the scanner does not appear in the Default view when connected to the Mac then the USB cable could be a cause. You can open System Profiler and select USB in the Hardware column on the left. Then in the right pane the LiDE 200 should be listed under one of the USB busses. If the scanner is not showing then try moving it to another USB port on the Mac. If it still fails to show then try another USB cable.

CanoScan LiDE 200 - can't get it to work with 10.6.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.