Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constantly asks for "billing info" refuses to download anything

Hi,

I have the app-store on 3 macs. an imac, an air and a MBP.

on the imac and the air it works great, buy an app, it installs and updates - perfect.

on the MBP however no apps from my "purchased" list will install. the store asks me for a password (despite home page saying "welcome Andy" (i.e. i'm already logged in).

If i enter the password, the "sign in" button changes to a blue "billing info" button and it gets stuck in a loop and constantly asks me to enter my password.

"installed" apps are listed in the store but will not install. If I try download a new app it goes through the same "enter password" routine as listed above.

help me obiwan etc etc....

MBP, 2.2Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Meat Eater.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 2:26 AM

10 replies

Jan 21, 2011 6:37 AM in response to Barney-15E

You beauty!

Because I was accessing from a new computer (at least, "new to the app store") it had deleted my credit card information as a security measure.

I re-entered those details and it worked straight away. Thanks for the suggestion, though VERY silly that Apple haven't made a splash screen / pop up suggesting this solution when the problem occurs.

Jan 25, 2011 3:10 AM in response to The_Drew

I had the same problem. I downloaded apps on my iMac but when I tried to install the ones I had purchased on my airbook, it just got stuck on a screen asking for "billing information". Now sorted thanks to the reply below. It turns out all I needed to do was log into my account info on my airbook and add the security code for my credit card. This needs fixing, Apple - even a basic error message would have been a help. We all switched from PCs because Macs are supposed to be intuitive and user friendly. This is anything but. And when I contacted Apple support all I got was an automated message pointing me to several irrelevant bits of the Apple website.

Feb 13, 2011 9:51 AM in response to The_Drew

To summarize: even though the billing information is correct, it needs to be re-entered when you access the App store from a different Computer.

1: Open the App store
2: Under the top menu, select Store -> *View my account*
3: Login
4: In the +Apple ID Summary+ box, next to +Payment Information+, click on Edit
5: re-enter your credit card information and security code
6: Click Done.

Your downloads should work from then on.

@Apple: People are declining to purchase because this behaviour is completely opaque! It is unacceptable that customers need to spend time troubleshooting the App store. Moreover, this takes nothing but a terse explanation on a single UI window. _Get this fixed._

Message was edited by: 客人

May 15, 2011 8:46 AM in response to The_Drew

For some reason the Apple servers are having an issue retaining the bank card's CVV code (three digit security code) in the payment method area. Every time I run into an issue, whether in the iTunes Store or the Mac App Store, when I check my account info the CVV code has been missing every time!

Try resolving the problem from iTunes, you have more access to your account details in iTunes. Sometimes it seems that when there is a problem with incorrect or incomplete information regarding your method of payment the Mac App Store's warnings get confusing.

Open iTunes, enter the iTunes Store, then log in and review your account information. Make sure that the billing address is correct and that if needed, the CVV code, the three digit security code from your bank card, is correct. On your way out reset the notifications.

Constantly asks for "billing info" refuses to download anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.