Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into YouTube; YouTube won't let me search

I've been unable to log into YouTube on my ATV2. Is this a firewall issue? Also, I can't search either; it's like I'm locked out. Can I reset something? BTW, what happens when you reset settings? Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 22, 2011 10:53 AM

11 replies

Jan 30, 2011 9:17 AM in response to TomSim

I have also been having an issue with logging in to my youtube account through Apple TV 1st and 2nd generation. I had been logged in then I hit the log out button by mistake and have not been able to log back in since. I get this message on my TV saying to open my browser and go to a google site(can't remember the address at the moment). When I go to the site I am asked for my log in and the code that was in the message. I enter everything am then told my device is now "unlocked". I go back to the Apple TV enter my log in information again and it still won't let me log in. I'm at a loss... nothing in my network has changed or with my Apple TV.

Nov 9, 2012 11:17 AM in response to TomSim

Ive tried lgging in with my Google details, my YouTube details, Ive stried 2 step verification through Google and ive tried changing my password. On another thread someone suggested creating a channel on YouTube would let me login on ATV, but ive had my YouTube account a long time and already have a channel. Still no joy with logging in on ATV, any suggestions please?

Feb 4, 2013 1:42 PM in response to TomSim

I found a solution to this issue. Create an application-specific password. I am sure there is more than one way to get there, but from your YouTube account, it's under Settings > Advanced > Authorized sites to your Google Account. This will take you to your Google account where you can create a password to enter on your Apple TV. I entered my username (left off @gmail.com) and the new password on the ATV and it worked first try.

Can't log into YouTube; YouTube won't let me search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.