Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to not trim effects when trimming object

I have some text with sequence effects at the beginning and end. When I trim the end of the text to change it's length, the effects are trimmed. How do you trim the length of text while keeping the effects intact?

Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 5gb 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Posted on Jan 23, 2011 7:15 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2011 8:45 AM in response to Patrick Sheffield

Thanks for the response Patrick. Seems odd that something like this isn't part of the software? One of the most often requests in a Motion project is to change the timing of elements. Make them shorter, make them longer. When multiple effects are attached to the beginning and end of an element, it can be a lot unnecessary time spent selecting, moving, retiming, moving back to the end.

Or Am I missing something? Maybe the answer is to have the text extremely long, and just move the effects to bring it in and out to affect the time? However, then the timeline doesn't visually show what elements are visible.

How to not trim effects when trimming object

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.