Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tax software for Mac???

Hi, everyone. TurboTax offers software for Mac in all additions EXCEPT for "Business" for some unknown reason. In addition, H&R Block's software following exactly the same pattern.

Does anyone know of Mac software that can handle a Business tax return? I'm looking for multiple-member LLC.

iMac 27" i7, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jan 23, 2011 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2017 7:34 AM

How about the online version of TaxAct? It appears to fit the bill. Yes, online only, but it's something. I'm about to try it. Wish me luck.

https://www.taxact.com/business-taxes/online/partnership-llc

20 replies

Mar 27, 2017 12:08 PM in response to alexandracalifornia

I used their online version to file for an LLC (partnership). Worked well. Perhaps now awesome if you have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. That is, their interview questions aren't the most helpful or illuminating, use a lot of technical terms and don't provide much in the way of lay-man language to help understand the options.

Mar 27, 2017 12:56 PM in response to technotarek

I finally caved and used TaxFyle online. It was less that ¼ what my old account wanted to do my taxes for my SCorp. But so easy and so worth it. I will have K1s by tomorrow. I did a lost of research, but I feel pretty confident with this company. They even took care of the extension I needed to file. Just thought I would throw that out there for anyone looking for a good deal, but not necessarily ****-bent on doing their own. Check it out http://www.businessinsider.com/taxfyle-wants-to-be-the-uber-for-taxes-2016-4

Jan 23, 2011 7:50 AM in response to DaddyPaycheck

No. The Home & Business edition has a Mac edition, but it is only for single-member LLCs. I need software for their regular Business edition, which allows filing for multi-member LLCs. However, if you click through, you'll see that it is only offered for Windows. Same thing with H&R Block's Intuit software.

I can't seem to find ANYTHING that will do what I need it to on the Mac. First time I've ever had that problem.

Message was edited by: devzin98

Mar 23, 2012 5:34 PM in response to devzin98

Depending on how much disk space you have, it might be worth it to install Parallels or VMWare Fusion, which lets you run Windows and Windows applications. These software are not expensive ($75 or $50) plus you'd need to buy Windows. Might be worth it, depending on how much you need that Tax software.

An alternative might be to buy a really cheap PC laptop for ~ $300, I see them advertised in inserts every Sunday in the paper. Then you can install the Tax software right on it.

Feb 20, 2013 9:07 AM in response to devzin98

I have been using TurboTax since its MacInTax days until now. (I gave up Quicken about 10 years ago. Both are Intuit products.) So I received TurboTax Delux last November, opened it now and could not install it on my Mini Mac w/ OS10.5.8. They did not inform me about the system requirements beforehand. After that, I made the mistake to call TurboTax and spent 2 hours talking to a girl in India who probably did not have instructions written on her computer concerning Mac OS system requirements. So she told me at the end of a two hours conversation (repeating with spelling my name, address, e-mail address, etc. about 20 times), that she will refund my payment for the CD, will send me another CD that will work with my Mac. The new CD arrived next day and it was the same that I received last November. Of course it did not work.

Now I am looking for another tax software ...

Dec 15, 2013 9:20 AM in response to kej0

Did you find any good tax software? I have used TurboTax since before the web on various Windows and Mac editions. The last few years, I have used TurboTax Online, because it was the only reasonble TurboTax option for Mac. Last year, however, I became so frustrated I decided to make a switch this year. Suggestions? I use SEE Finance to manage my finances.

Dec 30, 2013 9:20 AM in response to devzin98

I have a similar question but would like to know if there is tax prep software for professional tax preparers. I've been using TaxACT Preparers Edition running on Parallels 6 and Windows 7 on Snow Leopard for the past 4 years. This solution has worked well but I'd like native Mac app that I can use so I can totally ditch the Windows boot up everytime I want to use the tax software.

Jun 6, 2014 10:30 PM in response to devzin98

I believe that the best software for doing business taxes on a Mac would be Intuit Tax Online. This is a new web based platform, but if you are serious about doing your own tax return for an LLC, I would say it's about the only option. They will do pay per return. I don't believe that you have to have a PTIN to make that work, but it's possible. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of intuit at all and I use Drake software for tax returns (because it's lots better and we don't have to give them half of the practice), but if you are insistent on business tax on a Mac, Intuit tax online is about the only option. Personally, I love my Mac but when I have to choose Windows or Intuit, I'll go with Windows every day of the week. I've never seen a tax return done in TurboTax or anything else self prepared without something wrong. If you're a pro, it's a different story, but if you're trying to save $600-$1,000, it's probably not worth the pain and suffering.

Feb 25, 2016 4:10 PM in response to devzin98

Found this while surfing. I also found "Tax Act" now have S-Corp software for Mac: https://www.taxact.com/business-taxes/download/s-corporation/

Has anyone tried it? I'm likely to give it a whirl and see how it goes.

I'd love to walk away from Intuit. I hate them almost as much as I hate Adobe. Turbo Tax started out as a Mac thing. And so did the corporate tax package (back in 94 time frame) as well as Quicken and Quick Books. But over the years they have tortured all of their Mac products to the point that they are unusable, buggy, and just not trust worth. AND, very often they have stopped supporting the Mac which is where the software originally came from.

Tax software for Mac???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.