Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cluster storage won't mount on restart

This has been happening for awhile (in 10.5+10.6), but when I restart my computer my "shared" storage drive does not mount automatically. The Cluster storage resides on a local drive (which is mounted), so I'm not sure what steps would be necessary to mount this virtual drive.

Stopping services in the Qmaster System Prefs. pane and restarting mount the drive and make my services available again.

This happens with Quick Clusters and manual Clusters.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Mac Pro Dual 3.0Ghz Quad Core, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 9:12 AM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2011 9:36 AM in response to Matt Larson2

Not clear on your config.

You are restarting a computer, not waking from sleep.
That computer is supposed to mount a share from another computer, in order to support your Qmaster realm.
The share does not get mounted automatically, and you need to do it manually.
You want it to happen automatically instead.

Do I have that right?

I've not dealt in this realm for awhile, but in the past I have solved this by adding an item in my user account's "Login Items" pane. Seem to recall you can drag the icon of a currently mounted share into that list.

Also, since this auto-mounting is really a generic system issue, you might get better help over in one of the general Mac OS X forums.

Cheers,
-Rick

Jan 30, 2011 8:54 PM in response to Matt Larson2

I wonder if it is indeed an automount issue, in which Qmaster is trying to access the volume before it has finished mounting. What's your network and directory config look like?

Look at speeding up the mount, or on delaying Qmaster's start, or causing it to manually stop & restart.

Here's a similar issue, where a slow connection to the directory service interferes with Xsan clients mounting their drives:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3556

Cluster storage won't mount on restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.