Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages' highlighting won't unhighlight in Word

So, I'm writing on behalf of a coworker who (we all use PC's with Word at work =\) works with a contractor who has a Mac and Pages. When she sends us documents, they are about 45 pages long with all types of formatting, mainly highlighting. When he opens up the exported .doc file from Pages, here, he can't unhighlight stuff she's highlighted - the only way he can work around it is to unformat the WHOLE thing which really makes going back through a time-consuming process. Is the "highlighting" from Pages (background color, I guess) really that incompatible with Word? Anyone had a similar issue or a workaround? I can't unhighlight even on my Word, so it's something with the exported file from Pages.

Several, Mac OS X (10.6.3), Pages to Office 2k7 on XP and 7

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 2:04 PM

5 replies

Aug 20, 2014 2:33 PM in response to Steven Richason

I was having a problem with the same thing and accidentally found the answer. Use the Format Painter to copy formatting from one location and apply it to another. If you click on an unhighlighted cell then click on the Format Painter tool you can select an entire column (or whatever is highlighted) and it will apply the format from the unhighlighted cell. Hope this helps.

I use Office for Mac.

Pages' highlighting won't unhighlight in Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.