Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Print to Networked Konica Minolta BizHub C280

Whenever I try to print from my MacBook Pro (10.6.6) over the wireless network to my workplace BizHub C280, the Print Queue window shows the file spooling to the printer successfully, and the printer seems to "wake up" and make noises like it's received the file, but then nothing happens. No error message and nothing prints. I've tried using LPD, IPP, and even HP JetDirect protocols. I've also various drivers to no avail, from the latest version of the BizHub driver (v.3.2), to the Generic PCL and Generic PostScript drivers in Mac OS X.

I'm adding the printer via IP address. It finds and adds the printer successfully, identifying the printer's model correctly and even displaying toner levels. The Konica Minolta website has been rather unhelpful and there does not appear to be a discussions page either.

15" MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 11:32 AM

13 replies

Jan 25, 2011 12:14 PM in response to im4GMG

Usually your symptom is a result of the printer language used not being by the copier. But tooking at the specs for this copier it shows that PCL6 and PS3 is supported out of the box so this won't be your issue. And since you have tried all three IP protocols then this is also another cause that you have checked.

So I would say that the copier has some sort of copy/print control enabled. This is very common now with colour devices and will give the same symptom, where the job leaves the Mac and the copier appears to start but fails to print. If you were to check the print log on the copier you may see your print job and an error code with it. This error code may indicate that an invalid user code was used.

If there is such a system enabled in the copier then you will have to use the KM driver - the Generic PCL and PS will not support this function. Also, I would stick with using the HP Jetdirect queue. LPD queues often require a specific queue name and IPP can also require something additional for the queue.

Jan 27, 2011 11:41 AM in response to PAHU

Thanks for your reply. The short of it is that you were right, it was an authentication issue. When I checked the print log (not sure why I didn't think to do this earlier), it showed my jobs deleted because of a "Login Error."

I thought of the security issue too when I first tried and failed to print, so I asked the administrator, but he said at the time that there is no security enabled and no user accounts set up on the printer. Everyone on our network should be able to print to it without special authorization. To his knowledge, there should be no controls enabled on the printer. But after comparing a couple of other user's settings, it appears that authentication is in fact required. Problem solved.

May 17, 2011 11:32 AM in response to DJRay70

Did you ever get a response to where the authentication parameters could be viewed or changed. I work in an environment with both macs and PC. All the pc's print to the Konica Minolta printer just fine and some of the mac do but it seems that any mac with 10.6 or higher acts like they are printing but they do not. I checked the printer job history and I could only find one delete due to error messga and there was no code associated with it.

When you install the printer it finds it via Bonjour without any problem and I change the driver to the Konica Minolta C360 instead of the c280. Any suggrestions of things to try is greatly appreciated.

Dec 10, 2011 6:25 AM in response to davidfromlynchburg

Hi,

I have the same problem with a KM bizhub c280.

I could set the user name and password (cf. https://blinky.si.umich.edu/confluence/display/SIC/Authentication+-+Mac+OS+X for an info where to find that dialog... this took me really some time).

Unfortunately, irrespective of the user name I enter in this dialog always the user PRINT shows up as sender and the job is rejected.

Any ideas anyone?

Nov 23, 2012 1:54 AM in response to equinox1979

Hi

Davidfromlynchburg and equinox1979, did you ever find a solution for your problem ?

I have exactly the same problem with a KM bizhub C451 with accounting turned on from Mac OX 10.6 + 10.7 + 10.8 machines.

On some machines we can go into printer settings just to check that all user/password settings are ok (without changing anything) and then we can print one job. It looks like the system forgets the user name and password unless we go into printer settings each time we want to print.

(We also have problems with printing PDF to the bizhub from Mac mashines but that is another story)

I need help asap, users are killing me :-(

Oct 17, 2014 7:57 AM in response to leoishere

Running 10.9.x and trying to print as well to a c280 with account tracking enabled. I can never get the dialog to popup using the printer settings on the mac.

I am running this driver currently

Version 3.8.01/16/2014

1/16/2014 8.54 MB C360 Series Mac109 v3.8.0 Letter.zip

Release Notes: bizhub C220, C280, C360 Mac 10.9 Driver Version 3.8.0 Default paper size: Letter

Any info is appreciated!

Unable to Print to Networked Konica Minolta BizHub C280

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.