Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Product replacement pending

I was having problems with my iphone so i sent it in and this is what it says
Step 1 - Request

Product received by service center (25-Jan-2011)
Step 2 - Service

Service completed (25-Jan-2011)
Step 3 - Return

now does that mean they fixed my iphone or r they going to send me a refurb.
thanks

iOS 4

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 12:39 PM

Per the written warranty, an exchange under warranty will be a new or refurbished iPhone with no way to tell the difference. If a hardware component needs to be replaced that is covered under warranty, the iPhone won't be repaired. The iPhone will be exchanged. Your iPhone is being exchanged under warranty.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2011 12:39 PM in response to wmorones1606

Per the written warranty, an exchange under warranty will be a new or refurbished iPhone with no way to tell the difference. If a hardware component needs to be replaced that is covered under warranty, the iPhone won't be repaired. The iPhone will be exchanged. Your iPhone is being exchanged under warranty.

Jan 25, 2011 12:53 PM in response to wmorones1606

Apple doesn't do any repairs except for replacing the battery when requested for an iPhone no longer under warranty. Service is just a generic term for inspection and testing with a hardware diagnostic check run on the iPhone. If a hardware component has failed with an iPhone under warranty that is covered under warranty - not due to abuse or accidental damage, the iPhone will be exchanged. An exchange under warranty will be a new or refurbished iPhone with no way to tell the difference. If refurbished, a refurb gets a new battery and an entirely new exterior. All other components are inspected and tested being replaced as needed. Since an exchange under warranty - called a service unit regardless if new or refurbished are in stock, it is faster to exchange the iPhone with a service unit than doing individual repairs for each warranty claim - the turnaround time under warranty to get a working iPhone or working properly is faster with a service unit exchange than with differing and individual repairs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.