Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fuji FinePix F480 camera and FinePix Viewer software.

Anyone had trouble with this software for downloading pics? It works fine and automatically on Bootcamp with Windows 7 but the software on OS X hangs and has to be Force Quitted. I have tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling from the original disk that came with the camera and updating the software to latest version, that hangs and won't install. The FinePix Viewer window opens but the trouble is downloading new pics, won't do it, hangs. I have a bootable version of 10.6.5 also no good. Funny thing is think I did have it working some time ago. Have tried Verifying Disk and Repair Permissions, does not help. Suppose I could use Windows to download and drag pics over to Mac.

20" Intel iMac mid-2007, 3GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Windows 7 on BootCamp

Posted on Jan 26, 2011 2:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2011 11:31 PM

The answer seems to be FinePix Viewer software supplied with the camera is not Mac friendly but reading the instructions carefully saw mention of Image Capture, a standard Mac app, didn't know that existed. Image Capture works well as far as I can see so the thing to do is use that and ignore FinePix.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 29, 2011 11:31 PM in response to cricketernot

The answer seems to be FinePix Viewer software supplied with the camera is not Mac friendly but reading the instructions carefully saw mention of Image Capture, a standard Mac app, didn't know that existed. Image Capture works well as far as I can see so the thing to do is use that and ignore FinePix.

Fuji FinePix F480 camera and FinePix Viewer software.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.