Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail Not Downloading All Messages from Pop Account

Hello--I have Mac Mail set up to download my messages from my pop account. Every couple of weeks, it will download some of the messages on the server and stop. When I click on "get info" for the inbox, I can see several messages there but they will not download. Any solutions? Thank you very much.

Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 26, 2011 9:50 AM

1 reply

Aug 7, 2015 6:18 PM in response to Fred Dahr1

This message is from a very long time ago, however I came across this problem today, and figured I'd share my resolution in case anyone else had this error.

What fixed it for me was control-clicking the pop mailbox I was having trouble with and selected "get account info". When the list of e-mails shows up, it will tell you where it stopped downloading because there will be a dot on the non retrieved messages. For me, the message that cause mail to stop downloading was a message with an "unknown sender". Clicking this message, and selecting "remove from server" resumed the download of all other messages.

Mac Mail Not Downloading All Messages from Pop Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.