Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding static routing after SSL VPN connection

Hi all,

I have a little prob 🙂

From time to time i need to connect to my workplace. I'm doing it by running SSL VPN client (FortiNet).

There is a small glitch. When I already connect to my company network - I got IP - and the tunnel is running. But the VPN tunnel traffic route isn't correct at all.. So finally I cannot ping my company's gateway. I wrote a shell script which "manually" set up proper trace for packets.. It looks like this:

cat VPNTUNNEL.command

sudo route add -net 10.1.0.0/16 10.9.9.30

Script adds static route - and the problem is solved.

My question is: how can I make Snow Leopard run mentioned script automatically - every time when system detect that tunnel is running (the ppp1 network interface is up)?

--
Cheers
macosxgeek

Maybe I need to add that on Ubuntu - I just copy shell script to /etc/ppp.d/ directory - and it works.. 🙂

Message was edited by: macosxgeek

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), It's quite neat... ;-)

Posted on Jan 27, 2011 9:51 AM

3 replies

Jan 27, 2011 10:33 PM in response to macosxgeek

I think that it;s aggod idea to search for solutions in:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/ask-the-expert?view=all

I don't know if you can find something...in a very interesting session that starts at January 31, 2011,concerning "Connect your iPhone/iPad via IPsec and SSLVPN".
The session describes mobile connections via SSL VPN...so i don't know if you can find something about static routes...At least you can take some ideas.Also you can search there for a solution...

Good luck....

Aug 3, 2011 3:12 PM in response to macosxgeek

I found a solution here that works for me: http://www.jms1.net/osx-vpn-routing.shtml

in short: create a file called /etc/ppp/ip-up and make it executable

This file is executed every time a vpn tunnel is activated.

/etc/ppp/ip-up:

#!/bin/sh # VPN_GATEWAY is the remote address of the vpn tunnel # when ppp executes this script it will pass several values to it # $5 will hold the remote gateway VPN_GATEWAY=10.10.0.100 if [ "${5:-}" = "${VPN_GATEWAY}" ] then /sbin/route add 10.20.0.0/24 $5 fi

Adding static routing after SSL VPN connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.