Skip navigation

2nd Gen iTouch Screen/Headphone port problems.

776 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 27, 2011 9:13 PM by Mac Medic (be@MacOSG.com) RSS
Warheart1188 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 27, 2011 8:49 PM
Ok, so my sister has a 2nd gen iPod Touch that was immediately put into an Otterbox case to protect it. It's been a few months and now when she plugs in headphones, the screen flickers on and off if the headphone plug is moved around. I don't know what the heck is the problem and that darn Otterbox protects that thing. Any ideas? Thanks.

Message was edited by: Warheart1188
20-inch iMac (2.4 GHz), 250 GB HDD, 2GB DDR RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), also proud owner of an iPad :)
  • Mac Medic (be@MacOSG.com) Level 6 Level 6 (17,290 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2011 9:13 PM (in response to Warheart1188)
    You have a hardware issue there that would need to be serviced to fix. The socket may need to be replaced. If you are out of warranty, I would suggest a third-party repair shop. It will be cheaper than Apple.

Check out the new remodeled MacOSG website! 24-hour Apple-related news & support.
     MacOSG: An Apple User Group  iTunes: MacOSG Podcast  Follow us on Twitter: MacOSG

2.53Ghz 2008 MacBook Pro • 500GB HD • 4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 1.6Ghz MacBook Air • 3 iPods • iPhone 4 • AppleCare

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.