Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RT settings in FCP 7 not complete

Hi All, I have just found out that my RT settings are incomplete! I only seem to have the following settings Play base layer only / Use Playback settings /Full Quality and cannot seem to adjust them. I would like to not have render every time i made a change.

Also does anyone know if there is a free split screen plug-in available for FCP?

Thx guys

Macbook pro i7, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 28, 2011 2:08 AM

8 replies

Jan 28, 2011 2:12 AM in response to Luxuriousz

I have just found out that my RT settings are incomplete! I only seem to have the following settings Play base layer only / Use Playback settings /Full Quality and cannot seem to adjust them.

These only come when you use FCP codecs...stuff you find in the Easy Setup Menu: ProRes, DVCPRO HD, HDV, DV/NTSC. Use a non-FCP codec and you don't get real time.

I would like to not have render every time i made a change.

Again, your footage needs to be in the FCP codecs. What codec are you using?

Shane's Stock Answer #28: When I put a clip in the timline, I have to render it before it will play. Why?

Your clip settings MUST match your timeline settings. If you have DV/NTSC material, you need a DV/NTSC timeline. The frame rate, audio rate and dimensions (4:3, 16:9) all need to match exactly. In Final Cut Pro 6, this is easy, because when you drop a clip into the timeline, it asks if you want to set up the timeline to match the settings of the first clip you drag into it. Click YES and you are ready to go.

However, in FCP 5.1 and earlier, it is a bit trickier.

The most important thing you need to do is properly set up your project from the start, and the best way to do this is to choose a setting from the Easy Setups, located under the Final Cut Pro menu.

Once you do this, you’ll need to create a new sequence. This is because the sequence that is already in your new project is setup for the typical default setting of DV/NTSC, or for the settings of your last project, which might not match what you are currently working with. So delete SEQUENCE 1 and create a new sequence:

This new sequence will contain the settings you chose in the Easy Setup menu, and should match the format you captured.

Also does anyone know if there is a free split screen plug-in available for FCP?

Yeah, it's built into FCP. Just layer your footage, and adjust the SCALE and CENTER of the footage. Couldn't be easier. Or there's this one for $30: http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/dh_box

Shane

User uploaded file

Jan 28, 2011 2:25 AM in response to Shane Ross

Hi Shane, thank you for your swift reply! Unfortunately i'm not that technical in FCP so come Monday I will take your advice up with my Mac guy and see through these settings. I started to edit our of pure frustration as my editor kept me hostage on the work he was doing for me... I made a few clips and seem to be getting better at it (step by step). Have a look at www.luxuriousz.com

Have a great day!

RT settings in FCP 7 not complete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.